About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creators of the world’s most popular fasting app, Zero, is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven company with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors.
Big Sky Health is a 100% remote team with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Chicago and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you.
We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hire globally. To make fully remote work for all we require that all employees have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time.
What you’ll do
We’re looking to hire an experienced customer support representative to join our fully distributed team. Customer experience is a core focus of our company, and the customer support representative will help extend this ethos by providing radically convenient, precise and calm support to our community members. The support representative will also serve as a voice for our community — helping our team employ a user-centered design approach to product development.
This role will help lead these efforts by:
- Responding to support requests from Zendesk, social media, and app reviews
- Documenting, replicating, troubleshooting and escalating product bugs
- Developing best practices for improving our support processes, and for documenting product feedback and enhancements
- Helping inform our product roadmap and customer experience based on your customer interactions
- Helping administer our user research studies by scheduling interviews, screening participants, taking notes, and coordinating participant incentives
Who we’re looking for
The ideal candidate for this role will enjoy a mix of direct interaction with customers, as well as building systems and processes to scale our support operations. We’re looking for someone who is self-sufficient, driven and nimble, yet collaborative, considered and empathetic. This position will start as a full-time contractor with the option to convert to a full-time employee after 90 days.
- 3+ years experience working directly with customers in a support role.
- A strong knowledge of customer service software and product development tools, including ZenDesk, G-Suite, Slack, JIRA, Monday and Notion.
- Experience evaluating and implementing new tools and making recommendations for process enhancements to maintain an optimal support infrastructure
- Experience defining KPIs and measuring support-related activities.
- Expert ability to communicate complex information to both lay and subject-matter experts in written form.
- Strong ability to synthesize disparate data into broad themes, and to present your findings to the team at a regular cadence.
- A natural ability to empathize with others, and you handle difficult situations with tact and composure.
- Transparent about what you don’t know, able to adapt quickly to change, and open to feedback in order to continuously grow and improve.
- Capable of working occasional weekend and/or evening work hours
- Fluent in English
- Experience working on a remote team spread across several time zones
- Several years of experience working with a cross-functional team, including product management, design, engineering, and marketing
- Have worked on a consumer-based mobile app
- Proficient in another major language such as Spanish
- Passionate about health + wellness, particularly in the digital realm
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. We value exceptional writing skills — in your cover letter, please tell us:
- Why you enjoy customer support
- What it means to provide exceptional customer experience
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives and ideas. If you have been looking for an opportunity to contribute to a hyper-growth team that is positively impacting the health and well-being of millions of people — while maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere — this role may be a perfect fit for you!