Whether you want to maintain a healthy weight, boost energy levels, or improve mental clarity, you’ve come to the right place. Zero has the science-backed tools and resources you need to form healthy habits, improve metabolic wellbeing, and extend your longevity.
Here’s what you need to know to get started.
As a new member, make sure you’re on the right track by taking advantage of everything the app has to offer:
- Connect with our integration partners (Apple Health, Google Health, FitBit, Oura, and Biosense) to personalize your health journey and analyze your results over time
- Sync your smart scale or set reminders to log your weight
- Read our weekly emails to keep up with new content, Challenges, and more
- Use Coach to guide what you eat and when you fast
- Customize your fasts and start your Timer every day
- Follow us on Instagram to get the latest on health and wellness
Exploring the Content Library
Zero has an ever-expanding content library, written and curated by our team of scientific experts. Here are just a few indispensable reads:
- 5 Practical Habits for Longevity
- 10 Ways Daily Movement Benefits You
- Improving Your Sleep
- Optimizing Your Food Environment
- The Physiology of Fasting
- Will It Break My Fast?
Can intermittent fasting help me lose weight?
Yes! Fasting alters the frequency of your eating, which can inadvertently help you eat less. It also promotes mindfulness, thus encouraging healthier, more conscientious choices around what you eat. Lastly, fasting enables your body to tap into its fat stores — instead of your recently-digested lasagna — for fuel.
Can I have coffee or tea on a fast?
For most people, yes, but it depends on your goals. Black coffee and tea have negligible calories (around 1 or 2 per cup), meaning they won’t technically break a fast or affect weight loss. If your goal is to reset gut health, coffee and tea can trigger digestive functions that may impede your progress.
When should I start my Timer?
Start your Timer when you start fasting, which is right after you consume your final calories for the day.
What if I forget to start my Timer?
Don’t worry! You can always go back and edit your fast’s start and stop times.
How do I track my health journey with Zero?
Simply visit your profile to access key metrics like activity, sleep, and time in Fasting Zones. You can even create custom charts to view correlations between your fasts, weight, glucose, ketones, and more.
What are Fasting Zones?
As you fast, your body goes through many different stages. Fasting Zones — which are based on the work of our Scientific Advisory Board and personalized with your own health data — delineate these different stages so you know when your body is burning fat, using up ketones, and performing other fascinating physiological feats.
What are Challenges?
Challenges are a fun way to stay motivated, unlock badges, and level up your stats. Zero has both monthly and ongoing Challenges that range from logging 4 fasts to spending 10 hours in ketosis. Pro tip: If you want to make Challenges extra special, invite a friend along for the ride!
Terms You Need to Know
Zero will introduce you to some terms that may not be familiar to you. Let’s break them down.
- Autophagy = the renewal of your body’s cells through the removing and recycling of damaged cell components
- Biomarkers = indicators of biological processes such as resting heart rate and blood glucose levels
- Coach = an in-app feature that creates personalized Fasting Plans based on your goals and health metrics
- Fast Breaker = the delicious meal that marks the end of your fast and the beginning of your Eating Window
- Ketones = alternative energy sources that are produced by the liver when glucose is not readily available
- Longevity = a combination of lifespan (the length of your life) and healthspan (the time you to enjoy it)
- Metabolism = the mechanism by which your body converts what you eat into energy for your cells
- Timer = your Zero homebase for timing fasts, logging moods, tracking Fasting Zones, and viewing content that’s relevant to you
And that’s (mostly) a wrap! We don’t know about you, but we think this is going to be the beginning of something awesome.
Have questions or feedback? Leave a comment below!